Ulta Vada Pav (A classic Vada Pav with a Twist)
Every Mumbaikar’s pehla pyaar… Vada Pav..!!😋 but this time it comes with a twist.. the amazing twist of pav inside the vada… Presenting my special recipe of this lockdown – “The Ulta Vada Pav”. Enjoy the scrumptious flavor of surprise ingredients inside a pav, quoted with your classic vada filling😋 I can vouch on this that you are certainly craving for this😍💯
Check out the recipe uploaded on my YouTube channel so don’t forget to Like, Comment, Share & Subscribe🥰
Prep Time – 30 mins Making Time – 30mins Total Time – 1 hour
Makes – 9-10 Ulta Vada Pav’s
- Potatoes (10-12 medium-sized potatoes)
- To make the Vada – Urad dal, Kadipatta (Neem leaves), Giner Garlic Chilli Paste, Turmeric, Salt, Lemon juice, Sugar, Garam Masala, Coriander Leaves
- For the Batter – Besan, Water, Turmeric, Salt
- Bread (4 slices)
- Cheese slice
- Green Chutney
- Dry Garlic Chutney
- For Serving – Chutney’s of your choice, Onions, Green chilies (fried)
How to Prepare the Ulta Vada Pav
Making the Vada Filling Ready:
- Boil the Potatoes, peel it & mash it completely.
- In a vessel, heat some oil.
- Add urad dal & let it till goldenish. Now add kadipatta or neem leaves, add 2 spoons of Ginger Garlic Chilli paste to this & saute for few mins.
- Next, add a pinch of turmeric & add the mashed potatoes.
- For the masala – add salt as per taste, one small spoon of garam masala, 1 & half spoon lemon juice, 2 spoons of sugar & sprinkle some coriander leaves on top.
- Mix all this & cook on low flame.
- Turn off the gas & let the mixture cool down completely.
- The Potato Vada Filling is Ready.
Making the Batter:
- In a vessel take 1 & a half cup of besan flour.
- Pour one cup of water & whisk it well.
- Make sure no lumps are formed.
- Add salt as per taste & little turmeric.
- Keep this batter aside for 15mins.
- Your Batter to fry the Vada is ready.
Making the Twist ready:
- Take 2 bread slices & cut the edges of the bread.
- Apply green chutney on one side of the bread & dry garlic chutney on other bread.
- Now place a thin slice of Paneer over the garlic side bread.\
- Place a cheese slice on it. If you don’t have a slice you can ever grate some cheese on it.
- Now cover it with the green chutney bread & cut it into 6 equal pieces.
- Your Pav with Amazing Twist is ready.
Making The Ulta Vada Pav:
- Rub a little amount of oil on your palms & take the potato mixture & spread evenly on your palms.
- Now place the Bread Twist on the mixture & seal it from all sides. (you can check out the video to understand this better).
- Now roll it make round balls & make sure no bread is visible & you seal the edges of bread properly with the potato mixture.
- This will make approx 9-10 medium sized vada’s.
- Next, dip this vada’s in the besan batter & deep fry it in cooking oil of your choice.
- Fry till it turns goldenish brown & remove it on a piece of tissue to soak the excess oil.
- Your Ulta Vada Pav’s are ready to be served.
Garnishing/Serving the Ulta Vada Pav:
- Cut the Vada’s from the center & place it on a serving plate.
- Serve with your favorite chutney’s. I recommend using Green Mint Chutney & Sweet Tamarind chutney.
- Place some onion rings as they taste very well with this Ulta Vada Pav.
- For all who love to eat the Vada Pav in the classic style don’t forget to add some fried chillies for them.
Check out some of my more amazing & different recipes on my Blog.
If you like this recipe pls share with your friends & also Like & Subscribe to my YouTube Channel here where you will find more interesting stuff relating to food, lifestyle, art & much more.