Ladi Pav Recipe
To begin with, it is very easy to make Pav at home. This Ladi Pav Recipe works great if you follow all steps properly, following the exact time frame & taking the exact proportions. This is basically an Indian version of bread made with all-purpose flour & dry yeast. This recipe is eggless. Enjoy this delicious homemade pav with Pav Bhaji, Pav Pattice, Vada pav, etc.
You can check out the Recipe Video Here.
Prep Time – 30mins
Resting Time – 2 hrs
Total – 2hrs 30mins
- All-purpose flour/Maida
- Warm milk
- Dry Yeast
How to Prepare Ladi Pav
Activating Dry Yeast:
- Firstly, in a large bowl add 1 and a half cup of warm milk. Make sure your milk is not too hot or cold else yeast won’t be activated else you won’t get the desired result.
- Next, add 2 spoons of sugar & mix it.
- Now take 1 and a half spoon of Dry Yeast & mix well.
- Let it rest for 5 mins. (in this entire recipe time frame is very important so follow that efficiently)
- Post 5 mins, your Yeast is Activated. (it becomes frothy)
Making the Dough Ready:
- Once your yeast is activated, place a sieve on it & add one and a half cup of flour & mix well.
- Further, add another cup & start making a dough.
- Add one spoon of salt to this.
- Finally, add another cup of flour (in total we add 3 cups of flour step by step)
- Now when you add the third cup the flour starts becoming sticky.
- Knead the flour for 10mins thoroughly.
- This task is a little messy so in between, you can wipe off your hands using a scrapper.
- Make sure to knead the dough very well to the extent that it becomes stretchy & gains elasticity.
- This is step is most important, as to how much ever you knead the dough your Pav will become that soft.
- Once the Pav gets its elasticity, add one spoon of butter & again knead well.
- To know the elasticity – just stretch the dough & it should not tear (you can check that on the video given below)
- After adding butter, knead the dough for another 5mins, until it becomes smooth.
- If your dough is still messy you can add more oil/butter (I would prefer oil as butter will make it saltier).
- Do not add more flour at any given point instead, add oil to make it smooth.
- Your dough would be ready by now.
- Now, cover it with a cloth or magic wrap (cover it fully & tightly).
- Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Post 1 hour, your dough would have risen to almost double the size.
- Now punch lightly to the risen dough & bring it all together.
- Add half spoon of butter & knead little to remove the air incorporated.
To Make Pav:
- Now make medium-sized 6-8 balls.
- Next, grease the tin to place the pav.
- Rub your hands with oil & make round balls of dough.
- Tuck it from the bottom. (This is important as Pav will rise only in one direction)
- You can check this step in the video.
- Further, cover the dough for 20mins.
- Meanwhile, reheat the microwave in convection mode/oven to 180°c for 15 minutes.
- Post 20mins, the dough would have risen taking the shape of pav.
- Apply milk over it. (This will give the brown color on the Pav)
The Final Step for Ladi Pav Recipe:
- Place the tin in the oven or microwave.
- Bake it for 20mins.
- After 20mins, your Pav would be ready and will get that perfect golden brown color.
- Now apply butter over it to give the shine.
- Cover the Pav with a damp cloth for 5mins. (This will soften your Pav)
- Finally, your Freshly Baked Pav are Ready with the perfect Color, Texture, Softness & most importantly Yummy taste.
In conclusion, it is very important to Knead you dough very well so do not compromise on the kneading part.
I hope you all can now find it easy to make pav at home. Just give it a try & I am sure you will be super proud of yourself.
Click here, to check out more such yummy recipes.
Pls. Share this with your friends & family & don’t forget to like YouTube video.