Restaurant Style Paneer/Idli Chili in just 30 mins
Preparation ⏰ : 30 minutes
- Idli – made at least 2-3hrs before making Idli Chili
- Veggies – Cabbage, Capsicum & Spring Onions
- Garlic Cloves – 3 to 4 pieces
- Green Chili – 3 pieces
- Paneer Chili Masala
- Soy Sauce
- Corn Flour
- Salt & Pepper
- oil for shallow fryand some water
How to Prepare Paneer/Idli Chili 👁🗨
Pre Process for Paneer/Idli Chili
- Chop all veggies like cabbage & capsicum in long stripes, next peel the spring onions in small bite-sized pieces
- Take small ginger, 3-4 cloves of garlic & 2-3 chilies & chop into fine bites in a chopper or grinder.
- The next step is to prepare corn flour slurry in a bowl take 2-3 spoons of cornflour. Add salt as per taste. Add one spoon on Pepper, next keep on adding a half glass of water little by little & make sure to dissolve all the lumps. this liquid should have a watery consistency. make this mix & keep aside.
- Now chop the Idli’s in long pieces or if you wish to make paneer chili then make small cubes of paneer.
The Making of Paneer/Idli Chilli
- Now heat some oil in a pan.
Take the Idli/Paneer pieces & dip in the slurry & make sure it is coated well.
Then shallow fry the Idli’s & Paneer pieces till it turns golden brown… this will give an even texture & even the bites will remain proper while eating.
- After shallow frying keep the Idli’s or Paneer aside for a while till then we ll make the gravy ready.
- Now in another vessel heat some oil
add the ginger-garlic paste that we made ready earlier & saute it on a medium flame for few mins
next, add cabbage & saute it till it gets cooked properly
now add capsicum & cook for few mins on medium flame
finally, add the Onions & let it cook.. keep the gas flame low till we prepare the gravy mix
- Now add paneer chili masala in the remaining cornflour slurry that is left & dissolve all the lumps by mixing it properly
Add 1TB of Soy Sauce to this mix
Now add this mix to the veggies & mix well & cook for few mins till it gets proper color & gravy consistency, you can add little water if needed
- Now mix the Paneer cubes or Idli bites to it & saute it properly & make sure it gets coated well
Cook for few mins & turn off the gas
You can add one spoon of Tomato Ketchup to it as well in order to make it bit tangy & for those who don’t have paneer chili masala don’t worry you can make it at your home as well.
Just mix one spoon of cornflour, salt, black pepper, chili powder, a pinch of sugar, ginger, cumin, coriander & few flakes of dried garlic & onion (mix all this in powdered form).
At our home, few people are Paneer lovers whereas few don’t like so we always like to mix both Paneer & Idli.. and it just enhances the taste more awesome…
PS – the Paneer is also Homemade😊
Below is a small video demonstration.. hope it helps.. pls like, share & subscribe & let me know in the comment section below how did you’ll like it.